DANCE, DANCE.

As I mentioned in my last blog post one thing I am really passionate about is Dance Marathon. Every week the organization opens up registration for two weeks where people interested in dancing at the event can sign night. On Friday of this week, registration will close and people will no longer be able to register to dance for Dance Marathon 2020.

This week specifically is Dancer Week. This week is dedicated to people who really don't know much about the organization and want to find out what it is that we do.


The video above was posted this week to try to motivate people to register to dance. If you look closely, I am in it! The video is basically a bunch of different interviews from captains who danced before. We were asked why decided to dance in the first place and how was our experience during the event.
This is a photo of me during Dance Marathon 2019.

For two years I was a dancer for Dance Marathon. When I first became a student at the University of Florida, I knew I wanted to join something where I could make a difference. Never would I have thought when I first registered to dance for Dance Marathon that I would be doing that: changing lives. Three years later, I am a captain for the organization who has raised over $5,000 for the cause. I have met so many incredible people who are just as passionate about this cause. I have met so many miracle families who are just so special to me; and I thank Dance Marathon for all of this.
This photo was taken from the Twitter account of @floridadm
But what was the first step? To register to dance. You can't knock it until you try it!

Seriously though, this blog is where I let out on what I think are the best things to do in Gainesville, and Dance Marathon really is at the top. The event this year will be from March 28th-29th at the Stephen O'Connell Center on campus.

Comments

Popular Posts