KEEP UP WITH KARLA R!


Hello all! It's been a while since I've posted, but I felt like I should bring this blog back to life! What have I been up to? Well, I will be graduating from the University of Florida this May. I am excited yet nervous because I don't know what will come next!
Photo by Sam Trotman on Unsplash
 My absolute dream would be to move to New York City and work as a social media journalist or reporter for an entertainment newspaper. Currently, I am looking into jobs, but no luck yet. It is crazy to think how in a few months things will be so different and I'll have to actually be an adult.

I know... the time is ticking. But, I am trying to enjoy my last few months in the little town of Gainesville. These days I spend a great deal of my time in the INC -- the School of Journalism's innovation center where news, weather and sports operate.

Me (sitting in the blue dress) and the Noticias crew on Wednesday.
 On Wednesday's, I work for Noticias WUFT, which is the spanish broadcast show of the college. Here, I take on several different roles. Last week, I took the role of a reporter. This week, I was the show's anchor. Next week, I will be an editor. I really enjoy it because I get to learn the different roles of both, the news and productions, sides of the telecommunications world. I also get to improve on my spanish, which helps my abilities to become a bilingual multimedia journalist.

The WUFT crew!
This semester, I became the main anchor for WUFT First at Five's live show. Although this is my second week, I absolutely love it. I have also seen my improvement from past years when I had smaller roles.

One big thing I do outside of the newsroom is Dance Marathon. Over the years I have just become so passionate about the cause. Since it's my last semester, I am trying to take full advantage of every opportunity to make miracles for these kids who need it.

Overall, this is my life nowadays. I am continuing this blog because throughout my time here I have learned of some cool things the city of Gainesville offers. As I go through my last few months living in Gainesville, I want to show you things you might want to experience. So, follow me on my journey! I promise it won't disappoint.

Comments

Popular Posts