The Passion on this Campus is Unreal!!!

Today, February 20th was Giving Day at UF. UF takes this day, as a campus, to come together. Every  faculty, staff, student and alumni come together for one cause: to give. The campaign is called "Stand Up and Holler." The point is for everyone to gift the organization, research program or college of their choice and donate to that particular area.

        

This year UF's goal was to give 15,000 gifts back in 24 hours. So far, as of 10 p.m. UF as a whole has given 14,584 contributions, which is incredible.

I am putting my time into the organization I am most passionate about Dance Marathon.


This video I took at last year's event and it's just a glimpse as to why I love this organization so much. The video was taken at 8:18 a.m; the beginning of Dance Marathon. We were all so pumped about what was to occur. Little did we know we would be raising more than $3.2 million as an organization. 

Back to Giving Day, it started this morning with a ceremony where president Fuchs spoke and all the organizations and colleges involved attended. After that, we all went about our days trying to raise as much money as possible.

It's important to have fun and study, but I also think it's important to work for something that'll help others. That's one of the things I love about UF. We all study hard, but there is something outside our studies we are passionate about. There's some philanthropy most of us care about. For me, it's Dance Marathon. That being said, I hope you are able to find yours.

Comments

Popular Posts