Gator Basketball... A must go to!

So one thing I truly regret not doing more as a student at UF is going to other non-football games. Before this year, the only types of games I went to were football games. Never had I been to a baseball game or a gymnastics meet. Keep in mind those two teams are probably one of the best ones we have.

This year, my friends and I made it our mission to venture out from the typical Gator football game and experience other sports. At the beginning of our spring semester we decided to go to a basketball game. Although we didn't win, I am so glad I went.


The video above is one I took at the beginning of the game when the Gators' basketball team was about to come out. The crowd was going insane!

The game was against the Baylor Bears. During the first quarter the Gators were kicking butt. But, as the quarters went by our team found itself coming behind. The game ended and the score was 72 to 61 -- a Gator loss.

Either way, the game was a fun time. It was a pretty packed game as well. People were dressed up with gator hats, onesies and costumes. The crowd was enjoying themselves the whole time; even with a Gator loss.

Although are team lost, I would still love to go to another game before the season is over. Either way, I'd still love to go to a game as an alumni.

One thing I do recommend is to not wait until your senior year to go to other games. Support as many teams as possible because it's definitely an experience. 

Comments

Popular Posts